The AP Seminar course is an inquiry-based course that aims to engage students in cross-curricular conversations that explore real-world topics and issues from multiple perspectives. Students are empowered to collect and analyze information with accuracy and precision in order to craft and communicate evidence-based arguments.
The goals of the AP Seminar course include:
- Engage students with rigorous college-level curricula focused on the core academic skills necessary for successful college completion.
- Extend students’ abilities to synthesize information from multiple perspectives and apply skills in cross- curricular contexts and in new situations.
- Empower students to collect and analyze information with accuracy and precision.
- Cultivate students’ abilities to craft, communicate, and defend evidence-based arguments.
- Provide opportunities for students to practice disciplined and scholarly research skills applied to relevant topics of their interest and curiosity.